Are you looking for a unique glamping Austria getaway? If so, look no further, as I have put together a list of some of the best Austrian glamping opportunities!
Glamping in Austria is an all year round event that involves fancy rental units or camping spots with high comfort and luxury equipment or special amenities.
Austrian mountains are a great hiking destination in summer and skiing destination in winter. Austria is just ideal for all kinds of nature enthusiasts.
Some of the best glamping sites you can find in Austria are in Tyrol on the south side of Zugspitze and in Salzburg Land between Zeller Lake and Großglockner. Whether you’re looking for winter sports, hiking or family holidays you can expect an ultimate glamping experience in a land that boasts natural beauty and magnificent mountains.
So outdoor enthusiasts, grab this opportunity and embark on this ultimate glamping escape.
Top 5 Best Glamping Austria Spots
Let’s get right into our list of top glamping spots in Austria…
1. Sonnenplateau Camping Gerhardhof
The Sonnenplateau Camping Gerhardhof is located In the middle of the mountain giants of Tyrol. The site features a large swimming pond with spring water, a children’s forest and riding stable, starting point for many hiking and cycling paths and plenty of sports activities.
The site offers accommodation in glamping tents where you will find almost everything you need. The tents are equipped with a natural wood cozy bed, sofa, table and a private deck with chairs. The bathroom with the toilet and washing machine is just around the corner.
At Gasthaus Gerhardhof you can enjoy some delicious food including fresh pastries and traditional home cooking meals.
If you want to have a complete rest on your glamping vacation, you can opt-in for a yoga session in the yoga forest and enjoy plenty of quiet spots ideal for relaxing.
2. Nature Resort at Ferienparadies Natterer See
Ferienparadies Natterer See, located on Naterrer See lake close to Innsbruck is a haven for glampers. The Nature Resort at Ferienparadies Natterer See features high-end safari lodge tents, wood lodges and pinewood sleeping barrels.
Safari tents are named after African animals and offer a true comfort with a large living space, kitchenette, dining area and separate bedrooms for up to 8 people. On top of that, there is a bathroom with a rain shower and panoramic deck with BBQ and lounge area.
Wood lodges sleep up to 2-4 people and feature a sleeping area, dining area, kitchenette, bathroom and a deck with garden furniture and a BBQ.
Pinewood sleeping barrels are ideal for 2 people featuring a sleeping area, seating area and extending table. The bathroom is located outside the barrel.
A perfect place to enjoy relaxing and pleasant glamping getaway with the mix of urban lifestyle and beautiful mountains.
3. Möenichkirchen Glamping Park
Located in the Wechsel region in the Lower Austrian Alpine foothills Möenichkirchen Glamping Park is a perfect place for everyone who wants to experience a unique landscape with the surrounding mountains.
The site offers accommodation in glamping pods and charming troll houses suitable for 2 people.
Outside of the glamping park you can enjoy various activities in all seasons, including skiing, hiking, climbing and many more.
4. Glamping at Pirkdorfer See
Now you can escape into the beautiful idyllic landscape of mountains and lakes in the south of Carinthia.
The glamping site offers accommodation in glamping tents, glamping chalets and sky tents. There is also a natural pool, a tree sauna, a bar, children’s playground and fire pits on-site. Closeby you can enjoy delicious food in the lake restaurant with stunning views and go swimming in the Pirkdorfer See .
Glamping tents have a fully equipped bathroom, dining area, a deck and can accommodate between 2 to 6 people .
Glamping chalets are spacious and can accommodate up to 6 people with a fully equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms, a large living area and a partially covered deck.
Sky Tents sleep up to 4 people in 2 sleeping areas with 2 double beds and are equipped with a kitchenette, a modern bathroom and a deck with beautiful views over Lake Pirkdorf.
5. The Alpine Village in Lofer in the Salzburg Region
The Alpine Village in Salzburg region is a popular glamping choice and for a good reason. The Alpine Village consists of old Salzburg cabins which have been re-built in their original style.
The Alpine Village is perfect for everyone who loves authenticity with modern amenities.
Their cozy cabins come in different sizes and can accommodate between 2-10 people. They are equipped with bathrooms, full kitchens and spacious living areas.
On-site you can find a restaurant with a terrace, a cafe, a shop and a wellness centre.
What a great place to Unwind during your glamping getaway in the Alps.
With so much to see and do in this beautiful country, you may feel overwhelmed with the choices. Did you go glamping in Austria recently? Let me know if I should add any other forest cabins to my list.
OTHER RECOMMENDED READING FOR GLAMPING DESTINATIONS IN EUROPE
If you are interested in glamping destinations in other parts of Europe, here’s my recommended reading:
- Top 5 Unique Croatia Glamping Sites
- Glamping Spain | Top 5 Unique Sites
- Glamping Greece | Top 5 Cool Sites
- Best Glamping Italy
- Glamping Belgium | Top 5 Cabins
- Glamping Netherlands | Top 10 Unique Sites
- Glamping Bled Slovenia | Garden Village Resort
- Top 10 Luxembourg Glamping Sites
- Best Glamping Montenegro | Top 5 Destinations
- 15 Most Remote Glamping Sites in Europe
Thank you for reading my post about Glamping Austria!
- 5 Best Family-Friendly Glamping Sites in Ireland
- Glamping in 2021: The Best Places for Your Next Outdoor Trip
- Glamping Sweden | 10 Best Tents, Treehouses, Domes & more
- 8 Places To Go Glamping in Alberta
- Top 5 Vancouver Island Glamping Spots To Visit This Summer
- The Best Glamping Canada
- Where To Go Glamping in BC
- Glamping Muskoka Ontario | Top 3 Spots
- Glamping Canadian Rockies | Mount Engadine Lodge
- 5 Amazing Treehouses in BC to Rent this Summer
- 5 Cool Glamping Quebec Sites
- Glamping Portugal Algarve | Top 7 Sites
- The Best Glamping in Russia
- Bali Beach Glamping | The Best Beachfront Glamping
- The Best Glamping Namibia: Desert Hills Lodge
- The Best Glamping South Africa
- Volcanoes National Park | Bisate Lodge Rwanda
- Obonjan Glamping | The Best Glamping Croatia
- Glamping Mexico Tulum | Top 6 Glamping Sites
- Glamping Switzerland | Top 5 Unique Sites