Are you planning your dream trip for 2021? I sure am, but I can’t help myself not to wonder how the travel will look like after the COVID-19? In 2020, travel has almost been impossible, with flights cancelled, hotels closing down and travel rules changing on a daily basis. Pandemic has already changed the way we travel and I wonder how things will look like in 2021.
While doing research for my next dream destination, I noticed 3 trends that will change the way we travel in 2021 and decided to share them with you.
While cities like Paris, Rome or London were top destinations in 2019 for US travellers, in 2020 62% of US travellers in 2020 booked a vacation within the drive distance from their home. According to Airbnb Trends for 2021, domestic travel will continue to be a key trend in 2021.
While international travel is still prohibited, people will continue to travel locally and will want to avoid crowds. Next year, the travellers are planning to visit a range of domestic vacations in national parks, winter ski places and beach towns. More traditional getaway destinations opened to visitors all year-round will be on the rise.
WILDERNESS AND ISOLATION
In times of social distancing, trips to nature are becoming more and more popular. Travellers are looking for wide open spaces and beautiful views, and camping and glamping holidays are attracting new travellers looking to truly enjoy their time in the wilderness.
Travellers are not looking to book apartments or rooms, but remote and isolated cabins and cottages that provide controlled and private space for their families. I am certain that camping and glamping will be one of top travel trends in 2021.
The top trending space types for travelers next year include different spaces that are known to be using less energy and producing less waste, including glamping tents, domes, yurts and treehouses.
Travel trends with regards to sustainability, wellness and community-based travel will be on the rise in 2021. During pandemic people started to be more ecologically mindful of their surroundings and the impact they have on the planet.
After staying at home for months, even a short escape will provide restoration. Since we are limited to domestic travel, it is time to discover great outdoors. Staying in nature is one of the hottest travel trends and for a good reason. You can improve your mental and physical health by booking a glamping site close to your home.
If you’re not yet familiar with glamping, be sure to check out Glamping: An Introductory Guide to Glamorous Camping.
Here’s to 2021!
- 5 Best Family-Friendly Glamping Sites in Ireland
- Glamping in 2021: The Best Places for Your Next Outdoor Trip
- Glamping Sweden | 10 Best Tents, Treehouses, Domes & more
- 8 Places To Go Glamping in Alberta
- Top 5 Vancouver Island Glamping Spots To Visit This Summer
- The Best Glamping Canada
- Where To Go Glamping in BC
- Glamping Muskoka Ontario | Top 3 Spots
- Glamping Canadian Rockies | Mount Engadine Lodge
- 5 Amazing Treehouses in BC to Rent this Summer
- 5 Cool Glamping Quebec Sites
- Glamping Portugal Algarve | Top 7 Sites
- The Best Glamping in Russia
- Bali Beach Glamping | The Best Beachfront Glamping
- The Best Glamping Namibia: Desert Hills Lodge
- The Best Glamping South Africa
- Volcanoes National Park | Bisate Lodge Rwanda
- Obonjan Glamping | The Best Glamping Croatia
- Glamping Mexico Tulum | Top 6 Glamping Sites
- Glamping Switzerland | Top 5 Unique Sites